Wednesday, February 1, 2012

St Brigid's Day

Today is Saint Brigid's Day. It brings fond memories of my years teaching at Holy Family School, founded by the Brigidine sisters. When N and I were in Ireland we visited the church at Kildare. This year St. Brigid's Day also brings a tinge of sadness, as I heard this past week of the death of my former principal at HFS, Barbara O'Reilly-Nugent. I haven't been able to pin down details yet, but when we visited NZ in 2010, Barbara was ill and not expected to live long then. I was fortunate to have visited her and said my farewells, but my grief isn't any lesser at the moment. Barbara was a strong, Godly woman, whose faith, leadership and compassion were exactly what I needed at that time of my life. She was part of the reason I decided to study at Regent, and I will miss her.

No comments: