Thursday, February 2, 2012

A House Guest

Look who wandered into our house today while J napped. (Apologies for fuzzy focus - I didn't download this until it was released.) There is a 1cm gap under our front door and I saw it sneaking across the carpet out of the corner of my eye. I think it may be an aptly named Mediterranean House Gecko. This one is only about 3-4cm long so it must be a juvenile. He or she sure is cute though! We've seen this lime green anole in the gardens here, but this is the first lizard to make a visit.

2 comments:

April said...

oh my word! He is kind of cute, but I'm guessing you'll be contacting Morgan to see if someone can come deal with the gap under your front door?

Jenn said...

Welcome to life in the American southwest! We were hoping to see some lizard or toads around here (since we're in the middle of a reptile/amphibian unit) but so far, no luck.