Monday, January 23, 2012

Love Letters

Today J was bugging me when I was trying to prepare his lunch. So I grabbed an envelope that was on the kitchen counter, a pencil and a scrap of card that separated the teabags in the latest box. I penned a quick note on the card, shoved it in the envelope and handed it to him. "Look honey, a letter for you!" Once he got the idea of opening the envelope I read him the message. "Dear J..., I love you. From Mummy (heart)." Then I got back to the food. Well, it entertained him for at least 20 minutes and I had to wrestle it off him in the high chair! At one point I was concerned that it was too quiet in his room, so I checked, only to find him whispering to himself as he "wrote" on the envelope himself at his desk. At last, I have dreamed up a use for all those self-addressed reply envelopes that I've saved from my bills! I think some more love letters are in order.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

This is a great idea! Our kids always love getting "mail".