Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Finish Line

Hooray!  We've made it to the finish line!  Tomorrow we pick up N from the airport.

The past week has included more blessings:
* The Hunters watching the boys again on Tuesday and serving us lunch.
* Independence Day celebrations with friends.
* A miraculously tidy house after a month of moment-to-moment activities.  (There's been a lot of picking up after bedtime!)
* Lots of baking - my happy space. :o)
* A birthday parcel from Mum and Dad.
* A birthday lunch with the Hunters yesterday, and flowers.
* Found that N's public address, Giving the Market its memory: Finding the forgotten Adam Smith, is recorded here if you want to hear it. 
* Some brotherly moments of hugs, toy sharing and what looks to me like a hongi. :o)

One daft moment (of many) this week:
I suffered an attack from the freezer door one evening.  Something had fallen out as I'd opened the door so I bent down to retrieve it, only to be clobbered on the temple by the door swinging shut as I stood up.  Loud exclamation (surprisingly G-rated)!  A few tears - it hurt.  Frozen peas on hand.  Even so, a nice lump about an inch high and a headache that night. Beautiful black eye - think Cleopatra - on my birthday. Guess I need to be nicer to the freezer in future.

We're also very ready for Daddy to come home.  There's been a few "tempers and tantrums and huggity hugs" (to quote Diana Neild, author of Piggity-Wiggity Jiggity Jig).

No comments: