Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Menu Mash

Well, I got a bit behind in blogging my menu plans for Lent, and now we're past Easter Sunday!  So in no particular order here are the meals I planned.  (I've removed any repeats and you can throw in a few "leftovers" meals to make up the difference.)


  • Sweet potato wedges with the works (minus the bacon, of course!)
  • Salmon bake and salad
  • Potato, pea and cauliflower curry on brown rice
  • Smoked fish pie and veges (Our Good Friday traditional meal)
  • Caesar salad
  • Bean tacos
  • Fish cakes and salad
  • Vege stirfry
  • Peasant salad (based on this recipe - pretty well-off peasants in my opinion!)
  • Chicken tacos (with chicken courtesy of my friend, Bekah)
  • Homemade fish and chips with salad
  • Cheese burritos
  • Sweet potato & salmon fish cakes with mango salsa
  • Crunchy chicken casserole (from the freezer)
  • Pasta with tomato and vege sauce
  • Baked salmon and seasonal veges (This one has been a hit with J lately.)
  • Corn chip casserole
  • Burgers (eating out at JG's - a treat!)
  • Chilli rellenos (I plan to blog about this one...)
  • Macaroni cheese
  • Salmon quiche
  • Stuffed peppers
  • Eggs ( in various guises)
And for Easter Day... Ham with pineapple, mustard and apricot glaze; sweet potato and carrot mash; green bean casserole; cranberry sauce; cheese and crackers; sparkling apple juice; and carrot cake and Easter eggs for dessert.
(Isn't it strange how J and C have  mirror image expressions in this photo?)

Needless to say, I'm not planning to keep blogging my meal plans, but this week features a LOT of leftover ham! :o)

On reflection, we haven't been particularly successful in keeping our Lenten fast (due to Spring Break temptations and a couple of guests that we've eaten out with).  In fact, I have reached Easter Sunday with more guilt than usual, especially as I haven't been consistent with my devotional time either.  Thankfully, I serve a Lord who is gracious and merciful, as the Easter event reminds us each year.  Here's praying that I can maintain my prayer life more regularly and meaningfully in the coming year, and that next Lent (or Advent) I submit to the discipline of fasting with more success. 

1 comment:

April said...

It would have topped it all off if Nathan had had the same expression as the boys. :)